Urology Community
pain after urinating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

pain after urinating

after urinating, my vagina hurts. but it only lasts for 2 to 3 days. this happens after i have sex with my boyfriend. help me. im really nervous about this.
There are many things that can cause this pain but it could be chronic cystitis or interstitial cystitis.  The symptoms are the same and a good urologist can help diagnosis the problems.  Either way you pain, burning and bladder pain.  The self help things etc. can help you while you see a diagnosis!

We have an IC support forum here on this site actually two, listed below.  There is actually an article on the physical relationship on the first forum.  I am also an IC support group leader and director of MOARK IC.  If you need more info or some links feel free to pm me.

You might want to consider a referral to a pelvic pain PT.  They are often able to rule out and pelvic issues, muscular etc. that doctor's are not trained to look for.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Interstitial-Cystitis-IC--Pelvic-Pain-Support-Forum/show/412

The expert forum where you can actually ask the doctor here on Medhelp is here also:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Interstitial-Cystitis-/show/264

Hope this helps!

Shelly
You seem to be having honeymoon cystitis. It is actually a form of urethritis. Abstain from intercourse for a few days, take plenty of fluids and take some OTC analgesics like ibuprofen or diclofenac. Also take pyridium for 2-3 days(it stains the urine orange) and sit in warm non soapy water.Also consult a doctor for antibiotics prescription if the symptoms persist. In future also, urinate immediately after intercourse to flush out the bacteria and ask your partner to indulge in plenty of foreplay or use lubricant jellies.

If the symptoms persist then urethritis and interstitial cystitis need to be ruled out. For this you need to consult a urologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

hi i am 20 years old and seem to urinate alot but just a  small amount of it,after having sex with my boyfriend for one week.After urinating i feel pain in my vagina.