Urology Community
pain at the root of the penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

pain at the root of the penis

9065282?1367166730
I am having some pain at the root of the penis. I noticed this first after returning home from a outing of 4 hours, 2 weeks ago. When i erect my penis, I feel pain at the root of the penis. I can't bend it in lower direction. There is one vessel(may be different) at the upper portion of the penis, starting from the root. While it is erected, I feel tension/contraction at this vessel. I found this vessel thick and hard behind the root of the penis. This becomes more hard while it is erected. I can't bend my penis in lower direction. kindly help.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GU infections, inflammations, trauma/ injuries, neuro-muscular causes, growths/ masses, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
actually I went for shopping before this happened....I consulted with general physician...He gave me vitamin E tablet...It was almost one month..but still I am having some pain, slightly lesser than the initial days...