Urology Community
pain before urination

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

pain before urination

my 30 year old husband is has pain before urination.  He feels painful pressure before he has to urinate, and then the pressure goes away.  he says he sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night the the pain is soo bad.  i just found out that this has been happening for months now.  he is so stubborn, he wont go to the doctor.  what to do????
    Thanks for writing in. Pain and pressure symptoms before urinating could be due to infection to the bladder or sometimes due to inflammation of the prostrate.

I would suggest that you encourage your husband to see a doctor. Because unless the condition is diagnosed treatmnet cannot be started. For diagnosing physical examination of the prostrate and cystoscopy are required.

In case of infection a course of antibiotics would be required.
Feel free to write to me for further queries or suggestions.
Take care.
Please could I ask some advice. I suffer and have done for a long time now. Pain down just below and under my rib cage at back on both sides. The pain the goes down each side of my spine like in a tube effect. And does nott go away until I have been to the toilet for a wee. Mainly this occurs at night time. I get woken up in pain and agony. And it does not stop till I have been to the loo. I have had a scan of my kidneys and app they r fine. Please. I am in agony. I have just had 2 weeks of antibotics for tonsilitis (penicilian) and a week over lap of amolician. So still in pain help please. No one believes me.