pain in head of penis
I woke up 4 days ago with a pain in the head of my penis, there is no bumps or discoloration.  I got oral sex before i went to sleep and noticed that the base of my penis had spit around it.  It was moist.  I have herpes but have not had an outbreak in 2 years, (sence my first one), I havnt had sex with any new partners. Ive only had sex with my girlfriend in the last year and hooked up with an x about a month ago. I am pretty sure the x was clean and I know my girlfriend is clean.  The pain is pretty bad. It is only painfull when i touch it or it rubbs against something. (boxers) I figured with my penis being wet it could have stuck to my leg for the whole nite while i was sleeping then when it pulled off it just made the spot raw. I can touch all around the spot but when i hit it, it hurts.  It gets better and worst. It sortof feels like i caught it in the zipper but i know i didnt.  Its hard for me to stop rubbin it cause i think its gettin better but its not, it still hurts.  It sortof helps to put neosporn on it.  Should I be worried about this? Could it be a STD. I have looked on the internet and can't find anything close to it. I dont have any other symptoms of stds, i feel fine.   The pain is right between where the head starts and the p whole.  Almost dead center. Is this an infection.  I figured if it was the herpes i would have had an outbreak by now. It has been 5 days now and it is def better than the first day.  Thank you for any help
Possible causes can include infection or an irritant dermatitis.  I would be tested for various causes of infection, including STDs and urethritis (i.e caused by gonorrhea and chlamydia) - this can be done via a urine test or urethral swab.  

Another possible cause would be anatomical abnormalities, such as a urethral stricture or polyp.  A cystoscopy can be considered if an infection has been ruled out.  

I would suggest a urology or dermatology referral for further evaluation.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0
0
A related discussion, HELP! pain right after sex was started.
A related discussion, I have the same problem was started.