Urology Expert Forum
pain in head of penis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

pain in head of penis

I woke up 4 days ago with a pain in the head of my penis, there is no bumps or discoloration.  I got oral sex before i went to sleep and noticed that the base of my penis had spit around it.  It was moist.  I have herpes but have not had an outbreak in 2 years, (sence my first one), I havnt had sex with any new partners. Ive only had sex with my girlfriend in the last year and hooked up with an x about a month ago. I am pretty sure the x was clean and I know my girlfriend is clean.  The pain is pretty bad. It is only painfull when i touch it or it rubbs against something. (boxers) I figured with my penis being wet it could have stuck to my leg for the whole nite while i was sleeping then when it pulled off it just made the spot raw. I can touch all around the spot but when i hit it, it hurts.  It gets better and worst. It sortof feels like i caught it in the zipper but i know i didnt.  Its hard for me to stop rubbin it cause i think its gettin better but its not, it still hurts.  It sortof helps to put neosporn on it.  Should I be worried about this? Could it be a STD. I have looked on the internet and can't find anything close to it. I dont have any other symptoms of stds, i feel fine.   The pain is right between where the head starts and the p whole.  Almost dead center. Is this an infection.  I figured if it was the herpes i would have had an outbreak by now. It has been 5 days now and it is def better than the first day.  Thank you for any help
Possible causes can include infection or an irritant dermatitis.  I would be tested for various causes of infection, including STDs and urethritis (i.e caused by gonorrhea and chlamydia) - this can be done via a urine test or urethral swab.  

Another possible cause would be anatomical abnormalities, such as a urethral stricture or polyp.  A cystoscopy can be considered if an infection has been ruled out.  

I would suggest a urology or dermatology referral for further evaluation.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0
0
A related discussion, HELP! pain right after sex was started.
A related discussion, I have the same problem was started.