Urology Community
pain in penis, urethra, lack of sexual desire slower erections

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I have had this for a year now. Im 22 and have never had sex, however i have had close genital contact
After ejaculation my urethra hits for several days.

I have a vastly reduced sex drive

after erections my penis hurts, even though i was not rough and they did not last long

dull ache as base of penis

I went to my doctor and he refused to reefer me to a urologist and there was nothing wrong, when i asked him to explain the pain and changes he said it was in my head. Another doctor suggested i was gay, so to be honest i am quite upset about their lack of empathy

I understand pain and lack of sex drive can be caused by the mind but I am positive it is not that

What could it be? and what do i do?

Im only 22 and steer away from relationships of any kind because erections and ejaculation cause me physical pain and discomfort

********SIDE NOTE******* this has occurred to me in the last week
I used to rock climb and my harness did not fit quite right so when i fell or rested the straps dug in either side of my genitals. It did not hurt too much so i thought nothing of it. Is it possible it caused some kind of inflammation or scar tissue to form?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation or determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GU infections, inflammations, hormonal/ endocrine abnormalities, psychological stress, performance anxiety, depression, neurogenic disorders body image issues, medications, alcohol, smoking, drugs/medications, hormonal imbalance, radiation therapy, kidney failure, metabolic disorders, multiple sclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, prostatitis, urethritis etc. just to name a few. Anxiety and stress play an important in the development of erectile dysfunction; and is the most common possible cause. At a primary level, I would suggest being a bit relaxed and working on the psychological factors. You could also see a psychotherapist/ behavioral therapist for the same. It might also be beneficial to get rid of factors like smoking/ alcohol/ drugs, if involved. In case this doesn’t work, or you have difficulty controlling anxiety; I would suggest seeing a urologist for an evaluation of the above mentioned causes and appropriate specific treatment.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
hi there

not worried about getting erections ... in fact to exercise it i just gave myself one a few minutes ago (did not masturbate though)

i was given antibiotics as the doctor said it sounded like prostatitis

however my urethra is still painful all the times and makes it hurt to get an erection ... the pain has not gone away for several weeks with no masturbation

it was bearable as the pain went away after a week but it just doesn't stop