Urology Community
pain in testicle and tube long term after surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I had a vasectomy 15 years ago.  Experienced extreme pain for the first 6 months, worst when I walked.  Made me feel like I'd been kicked in the goods.  Went to doctor and he said the tube had attached in the wrong place during the healing process.  Doctor recut and supposedly fixed it.  Pain subsided for awhile.  Then one night after sex my testicals inflamed size of a grapefruit.  Went to doctor.  He said soak in hot water, anti-inflamitories and abstain for a while.  However, this pattern continued for several years.  Went to several doctors all gave the same advice, but off and on for the last 15 years, this pattern has cropped up periodically.  Now it's slight swelling in the testicals and pain and pulling in the lower abdomen on almost a regular basis with or without sex.  If I do not ejaculate the pain is worst.  Sometimes I can't ejaculate because the pain is so bad.  What the heck is going on?  Anyone have any ideas, help, info?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!