Urology Community
pain in testicles, burning urination, abdominal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

A few weeks ago I began to get a tingling feeling at the tip of my penis.  Some discomfort while urinating as well.  I went to the doctor and did a urine test to check for stds.  All came out negative.  Symptoms went away entirely for 2 weeks.  Then I began to get burning during urination, and a very light discharge. I went back to the doctor and did a swab test for stds which also came out negative.  I decided to go on meds for chlamydia and gohnorrea just in case the results were wrong.  I took the meds on monday.  Discharge has gone away but now I feel pain in my testicles and a shooting pain in my groin and its still uncomfortable when I urinate.  I also have some lower abdominal discomfort.  Kind of like cramps.   This kind of all started when I was in south american a month ago and was in some water in the jungle.  I remember urinating in the water and the next day feeling sore and the tip of my penis.  Could this be related??
What could this be?  Thanks in advance!
Avatar_dr_f_tn

As this is related to your case, have you been sexually active recently?

Your tests came back negative. Did the tests include a urinalysis and urine culture? This will help rule out a urinary tract infection.

What you have sounds like a urinary tract infection. You have mentioned of a recent travel in South America. An infectious process has to be ruled out. However, if this has anything to do with your diet and intake of water ,then other symptoms should be present as well eg fever, diarrhea and vomiting. Are these symptoms present?

Follow your physician's advise with regards to your medications .If the pain becomes severe you may seek for a prompt consult. If the pain is tolerated, you may opt to observe the condition and seek follow up consult. If the condition persists, a prostate disease and epididymitis have to be ruled out. A prostatic and scrotal ultrasound may be necessary. Also an abdominal scan may be indicated.
Yes, I am sexually active.  The tests did include a urinalysis.  Im not sure about culture.  Is that the same thing?  All I know is that in the office the docotor said they didnt find any white blood cells so they rulled out UTI.  Then that urine was sent to the lab for stds, mainly for g c which came out negative.  Then the swab test negative as well.  I have had a slight fever a week ago but its gone now...only lasted a day.  My bowel movements have been ok.  I did have diarrhea when I was in south america for a few days but I havent had it since Ive been back.  No vomiting, no nausea.  

At this point all discharge is gone, burning has subsided but still a little discomfort.  But the abdominal cramps are getting more noticable and the testicles are more sore, especially on the left side.  One more thing, I do remember having to go to the urologist about 7 years ago and they found a spermetocell on my epiditymus.  The discomfort in my groin that I felt then feels very similar now.  
Questions.  If this is an infection, what would cause this?  Does holding ejaculation, holdin urine, or gas cause this?  Could this be a parasite from the water in s america?
If not any of the above, what else would cause this?  Or do infections jus happen sometimes?

Thank you so much for your input and advice!