Urology Expert Forum
pain in urethra, split stream...

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

pain in urethra, split stream...

I'm 35, about 2 months ago I had some redness upon my urethra opening with some discomfort. It was followed shortly my pain in the urethra. I have had a thin stream of urine for a while now and never realized it was a big deal. Now it has become a split stream only coming together if I force my urine out. I went to a clinic when this all started and they gave me arithromicin 2 mg, and did a swab test for gonorhea and clamidia. They also drew blood for syphylis. Later I was told the tests all  came out negative. I went to a urologist who told me after a cystoscopy that there was some inflimation but no sign of stricure. I still have the pain 6 weeks later and also get pains in abdomen area. What could be causing my stream of urine to be so thin? and the pain? when i took the std test they never asked when i last urinated. I am hoping results were right. i get a slight burning constantly. Should I see another doctor?
You need to be evaluated for a problem with the functioning of your bladder. This is called a "urodynamic evaluation" or cystometrogram and uroflow. Your bladder will be catheterized and fluid will be run into your bladder at a constant rate. The examiner will want to know what you are feeling at various times and will record the pressures in your bladder when you are filling and when you urinate. Hopefully this will uncover the basic problem.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
I forgot to add that I was checked for a uti and urine was clean upon culture. also at times have a very slight clear discharge that has no odor.
Doc it seems the pressure of urine is strong it is just thin at the exit. Could the bladder casue the redness and irritation on the outside of the urethra opening?
A related discussion, Two streams of urine was started.