Urology Expert Forum
painful testicals
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

painful testicals

I have been suffering from painful testicals for almost two years.I have been seen by a urologist on several occassions and have had an ultrasound and an MRI which are normal.I have also been tested for infection which is negative. The pain seems to be coming from the bottom of the left testicular.I believe the initial cause was from lifting a heavy object in an awarkward fashion.please help;thank you.
Related Discussions

Dear William,
It is very difficult to make a judgment in your case due to the fact that an examination is so important.  It sounds like your doctors have been very thorough in their work-up  of your condition by doing an ultrasound and a MRI.  If you were my patient I would want to propose a list of possible reasons that could be causing your pain and check each possibility carefully.  This is called a differential diagnosis.
In your case the list would consist of:
1)Infection (epididymitis);Inflammation
2)Spermatocele
3)varicocele
4)hydrocele
5)tesicular cancer
6)Torsion
7)Inguinal hernia
I my opinion most of these possible diagnoses have been evaluated.
Infection- you have been given antibiotics (possibility you were not given the correct one or not for a sufficient length of time.  The infection would have been seen on Ultrasound and MRI.
Spermatocele- an outpouching of the epididymus filled with fluid and or sperm.  These do not need to be very big to cause a significant amount of pain.  This would have been seen on ultrasound or MRI.
Varicocele-dilated veins in the scrotum around the testicle,
Hydrocele- fluid collection around testicle.
Testicular cancer-would have been seen on ultrasound or MRI
Torsion-  Testical would have died by now and there would not be any flow in the vessels on ultrasound.
Inguinal Hernia-  This would be evident on a good physical exam.
It sound like your doctors have worked-up your problem correctly.  Make sure they have addressed the above issues.  You may want to take an over the counter anti-inflammatory medication to help with the pain and inflammation. This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition.  More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653-6568).
Sincerely,
HFHS M.D.-AK
*keyword:Testis pain.

Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers