Urology Expert Forum
painless torsion?

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

painless torsion?

Hello:

I am 28 years old. About a week or two ago, while in the shower, I noticed that I could feel what appeared to be my normal epididymal lumps in the front of my testicle, as if it had rotated 180 degrees. I did not do anything about it, and after about ten minutes it seemed to return to normal on its own. I have had no pain, and I have not noticed any other symptoms.

I have heard of testicular torsion before, and I am worried. Although I know torsion is painful, I am concerned this could be some kind of warning sign - I have heard it called the "bell clapper deformity". Could this be the beginning of torsion, or does it mean my testicle is more able to rotate than it should be able to? Is it possible that my testicle has already rotated 360 degrees and I don't know it? Should I see a doctor about this? Thanks for any information you can give me!  
You are fine! You did not have a painless torsion. Testes are mobile and you manipulated your testis partially around and then it returned to its normal position on its own. You may benefit emotionally from seeing a physician to confirm.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.