Urology Community
pea sized lump near my testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

pea sized lump near my testicle

im a 27 year old male i have a small pea shaped ball not on but around the top of my right testicle it is painless but still im concerned i dont know how long its been there i just felt it a few days ago but a bout 10 months ago i was diagnosed with epididymitus  i took cypro and the pain went away havent really had any problems with that but im wondering if this pea shaped lump could have anything to do with that or what could be my possible concerns if anyone could share any information with me i would greatly appreciate it thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Any lump on the testes will need to be evaluated to rule out a testicular tumor.
It is probable that the lump you feel could just be an epididymal cyst or a testicular cyst, but it is essential to have an ultrasound done so you can have the lump checked for malignant potential.

Epididymitis can take a long time to subside and the associated structures may take a while to return to normal function.

Even if the lump is just an induration resulting from the swelling, it needs to receive medical attention.

Do schedule an appointment with your urologist at the earliest.

Keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
regards
thank you for your prompt response but if you could elaborate a little more i would really appreciate it because i currently dont have insurance what do you mean by malignant potential and also the lump is not on the testicle itself but right above it it feels like maybe it is in or around the epidimal tubes and if it were a epididymal cyst or testicular cyst is that normal does it go away or is it harmless
please im sure your busy but if you could please respond i would appreciate it what do you mean by malignant potential
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I am sorry about the delay in responding to your post.

A lump on the epididymis or above the testes can just be a swelling of the epididymis, an infective cyst, a spermatocele, or just a collection of sperm that can have irritated the epididymis during a reflux at ejaculation.

However, any lump on the testes, no matter how innocuous it appears, needs to be checked for testicular cancer. This is because most of the testicular cancers that are detected late usually present without any symptoms except for a harmless appearing lump.

this is what I meant by malignant potential.
But it is not to suggest that what you have in that lump is cancerous. What I have suggested is a thorough way of evaluating a lump in the testicle.

regards
thank you for responding you have been very helpful i will definatley try to see a doctor as soon as i can
Hello doctor,
first i'll say i have a bad english. ok i want to say that i have something in my testicles and i dont know which one. so listen. when i get out of shower in the bathroom. i always check my testicles and one day i found that one testicle is lower than the other one. Then i started to check them.. ok i didnt find any lumps bumps or zits or whatevar on them. the other i was checking them again because i'm so freaking worried about it and i  didnt tell me parents about it... so anyway i checked the all sctorum and on the lower one testicle i found a very tiny like small pea size lump or bump dunno thw word for that  that i think its attached to the veins or the vein is blocked but theres something wrong with my testicle it never hurts, i never felt pain before. but when i start to squizze around there somewhere i feel uneasy feeling and the feeling goes down about an hour later. it could be a blocked vein or sperm tube something like that. i like masturbating i masturbating a lot. and im fat im 15 years old and my weight is 85 but i look good. i',m not american i eat healthy food i like ice cream chocolate but i dont move too much i know i can have a cyst and all that. but if its something worse then only thing that i could go to a doctor is in a 3 months time only. i could not get the sooner. so its something in my left one and theres other prolbem i can feel that the other testicle not the other one that a have small lump pea size but the other one right one is a slightly bigger than another one and it's loose a bitwhen i put my legs together i can see how it goes up and its like floading. or something so please reply back as soon as u can. to my email only     ***@****   or    ***@**** both of them please.
hey

Im a 22 year old boy who have the same problem as the boys mentioned above.i went to my family doctor to find out whats causing those cysts on my testicals and whether it was dangerous or not..she told me that they are not dangerouse at all and i shouldnt worry about them..but she told me that a surgery is not a good idea because the cysts deals with certain veins that shouldnt be touched..the cysts that i have that i have are not filled with fluids..its something white more solid like.  i would really apprecaite if you could tell a little more about this and if its really not a good idea to do the surgery.  also im really concerned about the fact that they are sollid because usually they say that solid ones are dangerouse and it might be cancer.  would it also have any affect on my sexual like..
if you could please reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks you
I am 15 years old and was in the shower and noticed a bump on the lower side of my right testicle and when i tried to get a better feel to figure out what it was, it moved around on me so i was wondering if u could please tell me if u know what this could be.
PS. And it is starting to hurt a little.
Hey, since the 1 night ago while I was masturbating, i woke up feeling a hard, small, kinduu painful thing on my left testicle. When i was in the bath, i got up and i finally spotted it. i got dressed, came on the computer and started searching stuff up bout this problem. Im afraid that it could be a tumor or a cyst. I told my mom and she told me that if it doesnt go away in 1 week, then were goin to the doctors. Please, if anyone can help me on this problem, please give me advice! i am very concern!
I have a similar problem to what everyone else is saying to. But for me a little different. It started for me when I was about 13. I was masterbating (masturbating) to some very hot chicks on a porno I was watching. I was laying flat on my stomach and humping the bed really hard because it felt great. While I was humping I think I busted my right testicle just a little. It was sore for about 2 weeks then it never really hurt at all. Ever since I have had a pea size ball not connected thought floating on top of my right testicle. I am 24 now and this was in the past but it's still there and my sexual life I have had no issues. I still have pleasurable ejaculations and still have a good time. Is this normal, because I have done research about a third testicle or is it a cyst or something or from a past injury I had. I usually keep this to myself because it's very embarrassing.
Please respond to my comment any 1 because I am curious and a little worried about it. Should I worry about it? I really don't know.
Hello I am 14 years old and found a lump next to my left testicle and am scared to tell my parents what do i do PLEASE HELP I'M TERRIFIED WHAT IS IT