Urology Expert Forum
penile erectile tissue ischemia with prolonged erections ?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

penile erectile tissue ischemia with prolonged erections ?

I normally wake with erections in the morning which seem to be persistent while I am sleeping.  The other morning I awoke with an erection, immediately went to the computer for online chat with my fiancee.  My erection was sustained during our entire chat time of 1 hr and 15 min, even though our discussion was on various topics.  We did get in to sex play towards the end of the conversation with ejaculation. I had no pain during this time. I later became concerned of the total time that I had maintained an erection with the 1hr 15min plus whatever time I had an erection during sleep.  Is such an activity a risk in terms of causing permanent damage to the erectile tissue of the penis ?
Since that time, a few days now, I have been unable to achieve a normal erection and have not had any morning erections.  Is it my anxiety or could I have possible caused permanent damage to my penis ?  Is there blood turnover in the penis with a normal or nocturnal erection as opposed to priapism where blood flow is completely blocked ?