Urology Community
penile injury causing phlebitis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

penile injury causing phlebitis?

Several weeks ago during intercourse I seemed to have injured my penis. I went to the doctor a week later and told him what happened. The symptoms were(and still are) pain during erection and an area in the middle of my penis that felt harder.  The doctor told me it could be phlebitis and that I should take anti-inflammatory s and use a heating pad. I did for a few days and went back due to persisting problems as well as now having a bend in my penis during erections. He told me that it could be a plaque build up and referred me to a urologist which I have not been able to go yet because of money and insurance reasons. I am very worried as to what the long term problems could be. Is this condition serious and if so could it lead to impotency(I can still get an erection)? please help
-8 Comments Post a Comment
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi.

I understand you are very concerned about this. At this point, your doctor must be thinking of Peyronie's disease. This is a condition wherein fibrous plaques build up within the penile shaft. This may be palpable in some cases. The shaft may affect the angle of erection. Patients with Peyronie’s, continue to have erections and sexual response remains intact. Although pain may be experienced during an erection by some patients. In some cases, a degree of curvature is noted in an erect penis. "A certain degree of curvature of the penis is considered normal, as many men are born with this benign condition, commonly referred to as congenital curvature. This causes the penis to point in a direction other than directly forward, while still having a relatively straight shaft. " The curvature for Peyronie’s is unlike this. The curvature usually leads the erection to curve forward.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyronie's_disease

Peyronie's is only a differential in your case. This has not been established yet. I do suggest that you have this assessed by a urologist. A penile ultrasound may be done to help ascertain the diagnosis