Urology Community
penile plication surgery - numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

penile plication surgery - numbness

My fiance had a downward penile congental curve which caused a great deal of pain for me during intercourse.  He decided to have the nebit plication procedure performed.  The Dr. said there would be no complications. It was performed by degloving the penis in a circumsion type of incision, pulling the skin down to the root and exposing the penis, under the skin.  Two non-absorbable stitches were placed on the top side to teather the penis up and straight.  The skin was then pulled back to the glan/head of the penis and reattached. He as complete straight.  At the six week visit our Dr. stated that we could resume sexual intercourse.  We noted that a small prortion on the gland was numb and he stated that it could take 3 months for the nerves to reattach/  Our problem is that he was not aware when he went for his 6week follow up that he actually only feels at the top part or glan of the penis.  He has no sensation or more like a sensation of being numb on the shaft and feels nothing during intercourse.  Does anyone have any idea if this is temporary or if there are some topical solutions/v that can be uitamins or anything that can be used to prompt nerve regeneration after surgery.
Please help.......this is just awful!!

I'm sorry to read about your problems. It is sad that the urologist never warned you about this.

I'm a male with a neurological condition. To determine the cause of my problems, a smalle piece of a nerve was taken from my left foot. As a result I had several years of little to no sensation in my foot. I now again have sensation but the foot is still not OK.

I also underwent surgery to remove a necrotic testicle. Due to the severeness it wast removed through the scrotum and left open to heal. It took at least 2 years for sensations to return to normal. For a hernia repair about 5 years later on the right side, it took only a few months to feel like things were normal.

The good news is that your partner might get normal sensation back. Since every person heals differently it is hard to determine when sensation and how much sensation will return.

Good luck,

Ron