Urology Expert Forum
penile sensitivity

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

penile sensitivity
I had a penile implant two years ago because neither the injections nor Viagra would give me a decent erection.  However, in the last 2 months, I have not been able to have an orgasm or ejaculate with vaginal intercourse.  Is there any creams or prescriptions that would increase the sensativity in the head of my penis so I can have an orgasm and ejaculate?
I am not aware of creams or medications that has been shown to increase the sensitivity of the penis in controlled trials.  

You may want to be evaluated for any form of neuropathy that can cause a change in sensation.  Testing for diseases such as diabetes should be done.  A referral to a neurologist for possible electrodiagnostic testing can evaluate for any nerve dysfunction leading to your symptoms.  You may also want to consider an MRI to evaluate for any nerve compression.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0