Urology Expert Forum
penis damage

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

penis damage

I am worried that I may have damaged my penis by keeping my foreskin held back over the head of my penis for a very lengthy period of time. I have an un-circumsised penis and at the age of 18 i realised my foreskin was quite loose and could quite easily pull it over the head of my penis and leave it there without any pain or discomfort. However, after about 3 years of regularly leaving it like this I realised one day a kind of disfigurement almost like the penis had been gradually stretched over time and also a numbness and quite a lot of pain. I'm now 25 and still suffer from problems that I believe are related to this period. The end of the shaft of my penis is considerably thinner than the top part and takes a lot longer to become erect creating a kind of indentation effect. Also it is very uncomfortable when my foreskins slides back when my penis is flaccid and it's often quite hard to pull it back. I also experience pain for no apparent reason.

I hope you can offer some sort of explanation for this. Have i inadvertently damaged my penis through leaving the foreskin pulled back over a long period of time?
Tags: penis, head, Pain
Without examination, it would be difficult to answer that question.  

I am not aware of specific conditions that can arise from prolonged retraction of the foreskin.  

If there is concern about the penile structure or possible damage to the anatomy, you can consider an ultrasound to image the penis for any possible trauma or damage.

This can be discussed with a urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
1 Comment
0