penis loss of mass
Hello

I am 45 years old and for the last 3-4 years I have lost mass from my erection (do not have an ED), this translates to loss of and inch in length and loss in thickness. The use of drugs for ED has the expected results but do no resize the penis back to normal.  I have a history of heart disease – I had cardiac by-pass 4 years ago but no heart attack.
My urologist told me that losing mass is possible and gave me drugs for ED. What are the possible reasons for my case? How can I be sure that I won’t lose more mass as the years go by? I cannot seem to find information about cases like mine Thank you
Hello, Tony.  Hmmm, this does sound unsettling.  I'm no expert, and your urologist probably knew what he was talking about far more than some schmoe (me) does.  However, the loss of length and width sounds alot like the symptoms of Peyronie's Disease.  It does tend to afflict men of your age group, too.  Peyronie's is the formation of scar tissue in the Tunica Albuginea (membrane surrounding the Corpus Cavernosae), far more than is necessary, due to a malfunction in the wound-healing process.  PD is essentially hard scar tissue which doesn't allow the stretchy Tunica to fully expand with erection, like a piece of duct tape on a balloon, leading to deformity.  Before the formation of hardened scar tissue, there is a long inflammatory phase.  This usually causes BENDING, though, but not always; sometimes it cause what they call an "hourglass deformity," which usually causes the most severe loss of width and length; sometimes PD merely causes shortening and loss of width.  Do feel any hard plaques where you've lost width?  Bring it up with your Urologist.  Look up Peyronie's on the web, there are many sites for this, most notably PDI, or The Peyronie's Disease Institute, founded by a doctor who once suffered from the disease and aparently managed to heal it.

Maybe consider using a Penis Traction device to restore lost length and width.  I've not used one, so can't attest, but apparently they are prescribed to patients suffering from Peyronie's disease.

Even if it's not Peyronie's that you are suffering from, Traction Devices are used by people simply to increase the size of their Penises by creating cell division through traction.  Thus they could possibly counteract whatever is causing this shortening which you describe.  Type "Penis Extender" on your search engine.  I've not used one, but am considering it to fix some curvature and, who knows, gain some size?

Talk to your Urologist both about Peyronie's Disease (which is very rare and with which your Urologist may not be familiar), and Penis Extenders (which are relatively new and unknown), since I am but a schmoe.