Urology Expert Forum
penis shrinkage

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

penis shrinkage

I am 73 yrs old and and had hormone treatment and brachytheraphy for prostate cancer approx. 11 yrs ago.
I read that the January issue of the Journal of Urology states that men who have had both both can
experience significant penis reduction, which has recently happened to me .Is there anything that can be done
to stop or reverse this trend?
Penile shortening, post treatment impotence and peyronies disease are all areas of recent interest in the treatment of prostate cancer. Certainly not all  the answers are in, but I think that increasing blood flow to your penis and possibly stretching it are the most reasonable things that you can do to try and stabilize if not reverse the changes. Thus, drugs such as Viagra/Levitra/Cialis as well as Muse and injectable medications (Prostaglandin E-1, regitine, phentolamine)  used several times per week may help as well as stretching with a vacuum erection device several times per day (usually twice per day) may help. Your urologist can prescribe these. If you are impotent and decide to get a penile prosthesis, stretching your penis for ten minutes twice per day (without a constriction  ring) for a month has been shown in several small studies  to increase penile length over a month's period.. Not feet, but a few cenitmeters.
Talk to your urologist.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
I was having sex last night and my foreskin was pushed all the way back However, there is foreskin that is over it now, almost like it rolled over the tightest part. It almost feels suffocating on my penis the part is over bleeded and i have the pain Any recommendations of creams, or lubricants that will ease my pain?