Urology Community
penis sores will not heal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

penis sores will not heal

I am 30, married for 7 years, and we are monogomous.

For the past 3 years I have had rather dry skin on the inside of my foreskin, and bottom of the head.  This started when I fell asleep in my jeans.  In the morning the tip of my penis was sore from rubbing on my jeans.  Which created dry skin around the opening that eventually came off.  

About 1 year ago the dry skin came back and almost closed the opening in my penis.  I went to my Gp who set an appointment with a urologist, but the dry skin again came off. Since the first incident it has not been uncommon for the inner foreskin to split, typically in the same single spot (app. 1/8" split) and be tender from sex.  

However,  about a week ago after sex, I noticed two splits.  One  in the same usual spot, but wider and more circular.  The other centered on the underside of the penis at the meeting of the head and foreskin, and much smaller.  Also, they are more tender than normal, and are itching which has never happened.  The area around the larger split is swollen and firm causing tight foreskin retraction, and the visible raw skin becomes yellowish. It is red after soaking in a bath.  Also, the glands in my groin are slightly swollen and tender.

I do not usually have to medicate for the splits to heal, but because of the discomfort I tried first neosporin and  hydrocortisone.  Neither seemed to have an effect.  The sores are not starting to heal.  Is it because of the moisture from the foreskin?  If so how can I keep the foreskin retracted while clothed?

Thank you.

hello
My husband has had a similar problem for about 2 years now.He had several "cracks" on his penis which would bleed during intercourse.They are very very sore and itchy.They tend to be on the tip of the penis and like you it makes retraction painful.We are from the uk so his gp perscribed canneston(what we ladies get for thrush)but a stronger brand.This only works whilst he uses it,as soon as a couple of days/wks have gone by its back.The doctor has hinted he may have to be circumzised(sp)and hes now 43!.I would say that if you also have groin pain then its a sign that perhaps the "cracks"have got infected.Go back to your doctor and get it checked.Dawn
Like Dawn said try using thrush medication...Canesten or any broad spectrum anti-fungal cream.
Apply twice daily and for around one to two weeks and things should start getting better.  Don't be afrid of how much to use...just rub it in, if it comes back again apply for a longer time, if nothing improves then maybe go back to ur doctor