Urology Community
penis sores will not heal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

penis sores will not heal

I am 30, married for 7 years, and we are monogomous.

For the past 3 years I have had rather dry skin on the inside of my foreskin, and bottom of the head.  This started when I fell asleep in my jeans.  In the morning the tip of my penis was sore from rubbing on my jeans.  Which created dry skin around the opening that eventually came off.  

About 1 year ago the dry skin came back and almost closed the opening in my penis.  I went to my Gp who set an appointment with a urologist, but the dry skin again came off. Since the first incident it has not been uncommon for the inner foreskin to split, typically in the same single spot (app. 1/8" split) and be tender from sex.  

However,  about a week ago after sex, I noticed two splits.  One  in the same usual spot, but wider and more circular.  The other centered on the underside of the penis at the meeting of the head and foreskin, and much smaller.  Also, they are more tender than normal, and are itching which has never happened.  The area around the larger split is swollen and firm causing tight foreskin retraction, and the visible raw skin becomes yellowish. It is red after soaking in a bath.  Also, the glands in my groin are slightly swollen and tender.

I do not usually have to medicate for the splits to heal, but because of the discomfort I tried first neosporin and  hydrocortisone.  Neither seemed to have an effect.  The sores are not starting to heal.  Is it because of the moisture from the foreskin?  If so how can I keep the foreskin retracted while clothed?

Thank you.