Urology Community
periurethral cyst/urethrocele/diverticula
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

periurethral cyst/urethrocele/diverticula

I have been having pain after intercourse, frequency, and urgency and could feel the pain when probing vaginally. I do not get UTI infections or leak urine. I have been treating for what they feel could be interstitial cystitis with bladder instillations that do help, yet have only had in office cystoscopies, showing minor imflammation of the urethra. I went to the GYN a few days back and showed her where I hurt.  She saw what she called a periurethral cyst or urethrocele.  It was very tender to touch, but after applying lidocaine the pain subsided. She recommended an urologist.  The first urologist only told me without examination or scans that this could be a diverticula which is very hard to treat and recommended an out of town urologist. Are all of these diagnosis' the same or do my symptoms fit one particular one. It looked much like a small bulge according to the GYN, but she never mentioned diverticula. In addition, I have a grade 2 cystocele which is not problematic and had a hemorroidectomy last year. I was starting to think I had pelvic floor dysfunction and now this.    Thank you for any response.    
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank