Urology Expert Forum
please help

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

please help

It all began after i had my son a year ago,i would cramp all the time as if i was going to start my period. Then about 3 months ago the cramps got worst with lower back pain and leg cramps all the time. My doctor could not find a problem so he thaught it would be a good idea to do a laporoscopy and remove my uterus. He found nothing but he did the  hysterectomy, that was three weeks ago and the regular pains have come back. I have 2 small children and i can't live like this please help if you can.

THANKS FOR LISTENING
I am concerned that you are experiencing such disabling discomfort. Your problem is  unlikely to be something that a urologiical. I have requested that your question be moved to the family practice  or gynecology forum.
Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
Hello lane2005

I am realiy sorry to hear this and fully empathize what you are going through, rearing two children with lower back pain and cramps.

Lower back pains and cramps in legs is very common after child birth. The intensity varies from person to person.This could be due to nerve compression, fatigue, pelvic inflammatory diseases, low salt--as in sodium and potsaaium etc.

"Pregnancy and childbirth have a nasty tendency to cause a number of nagging minor health problems (back pain, hemorrhoids, constipation, varicose veins, to name a few) or to reveal dormant ones. Close to half of new mothers have at least one health concern in the weeks following childbirth. The most important thing to remember is that the postpartum period is a time of transition during which we must take care of ourselves."; http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/pregnancy/a/postpregbook.htm

Since you are still suffering from these I would suggest you see an orthopedic specialist. A CT Scan or a MRI of the spine of the affected region will reveal the problem.

Also simultaneously you could also consult a good physiotherapist. Most of the times these problems are relieved by physiotherapy and multivitamins.

I am quite optimistic that its nothing very serious. Please do as advised.

Best
Doctornee