UROLOGY
COMMUNITY
polypoid mass in bladder
by mandybrown29, Jul 15, 2009
I was recently diagnosed with a polypoid mass in my bladder it is 3.8 cm in size and its transending , does anyone have any idea about this or any info I can get to ease my worries. I am vey much terrified that it could be bladder cancer
Member Comments (4)
by Dr. Kokil MathurBlank, Jul 18, 2009
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Bladder polyps are growths in the lining of the bladder. They may cause bleeding, but commonly they don't cause any symptoms. Since polyps can be cancerous, doctors usually recommend removing them with surgery. Later a biopsy may prove them to be non cancerous. However it is safe to get them removed.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

by mandybrown29, Jul 19, 2009
what type of surgery is commonly done to remove these polyps?
by Dr. Kokil MathurBlank, Jul 19, 2009
The polyps can be removed by cystoscopy also if they are conveniently located to be pulled out during the procedure and if they are not too huge. Otherwise a proper abdominal surgery is done or even a laparoscopy could be planned. You need to discuss this with the doctor treating you.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
by JimmyEarl, May 09, 2011
I am scheduled for a cystoscopy 5/21 and I am a little scared. The big "C" word scares me. I am 62 last week and am wondering if a polypoid
1.5 x 2.0 cm can be removed durning the procedure or is that too large?