Urology Community
polypoid mass in bladder
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

polypoid mass in bladder

I was recently diagnosed with a polypoid mass in my bladder it is 3.8 cm in size and its transending , does anyone have any idea about this or any info I can get to ease my worries. I am vey much terrified that it could be bladder cancer
Tags: Bladder, mass
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Bladder polyps are growths in the lining of the bladder. They may cause bleeding, but commonly they don't cause any symptoms. Since polyps can be cancerous, doctors usually recommend removing them with surgery. Later a biopsy may prove them to be non cancerous. However it is safe to get them removed.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Blank
what type of surgery is commonly done to remove these polyps?
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
The polyps can be removed by cystoscopy also if they are conveniently located to be pulled out during the procedure and if they are not too huge. Otherwise a proper abdominal surgery is done or even a laparoscopy could be planned. You need to discuss this with the doctor treating you.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Blank
I am scheduled for a cystoscopy 5/21 and I am a little scared. The big "C" word scares me. I am 62 last week and am wondering if a polypoid
1.5 x 2.0 cm can be removed durning the procedure or is that too large?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...