Urology Expert Forum
post coital increase in frequency of urination-help!
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

post coital increase in frequency of urination-help!

I am a 58 year old monogamous married woman (25 years),in excellent general health.
I exercise 4x a week (2x pilates, 2x personal trainer) and eat balanced diet. Weight 58 kilograms, height 1.65 meters

Past medical history:
1992-anterior and posterior spinal fusion with bilateral titanium rods from C5 to L1.
There is also an area of parasthesia on my back, approximately related to the surgical site.
I am on the hormone Activelle(Estradiol 1mg, Norethisterone acetate 0.5mg).
Periods of post coital ecoli infections with resultant periods of vaginal irritability and increased urination frequency.
To combat this I take a single dose of Macrodantin (Nitrofuratoin) pre intercourse. This regimen has drasticaly reduced the ecoli problem.

Chief complaint:
Over the past 1.5 years, despite the Macrodantin, the frequency of urination post intercourse persists at a rate of 1x hourly during the night, tapering off during the day.  These symptoms persist for 3-4 days until the next intercourse. There is no accompanying urinary infection- I have had tests fot urinary tract innfections, ultrasounds of bladder and uterus including numerous thorough gynecological
exams and a cystocopy. All negative apart from a small amount of rbc's in my urine.
In the past I have taken Nirvaxal-chlordiaxepoxide/clidinium bromide- which after a time did relieve the symptoms. However the side effect of fatigue did not allow me to function properly.

My feeling is that these symptoms (urination frequency and vaginal irritability) might be due to mechanical trauma.

Do you have any ideas re the cause and treatment?