post ejaculation dysuria
Intermittently, after ejaculation,  I get a burning sensation in my penis and a few hours of needing to go to the toilet all the time.  There is no blood or cloudy urine or penile discharge.  No fevers.

It happens every now and again after masturbation (more often), or sex (less often).  It lasts for a few hours unless take an urinary alkalinizer which works very quickly.  It never happens unless I have ejaculated.

I have been tested for infection including clamidia and gonnorrhoea.  It was negative

The doctor I saw didn't know what it was.  I put it down to damaging the lining of the urethra while having sex/masturbating.

Any thoughts?
Well I am a Med student.
Even I have experienced the same few times.My thought to it is that their might be some element of retrograde ejaculation; that is some amount of semen going back into to the bladder at the time of ejaculation, which irritates the bladder lining and causes the symptoms you are experiencing. Why I say so is every time I have experienced these symptoms I always had a little ejaculate though good orgasm believing me in thinking that some of it might have gone back into the bladder instead of going out through the urethra.
Well medical community still do not have any evidence regarding the painful urination after ejaculation, so it could be a plausible reason to research upon!