Urology Community
problem with meatus?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

problem with meatus?

Hi I'm 21 yrs old and never had sex before. However I do Masturbate quite frequently and after every time i finish my meatus gets swollen for a an hour or so. I doesnt hurt but i just wanted to know if that was normal or what was the cause for it. I also got diagnosed with non bacterial chronic prostatitis got sperm exams and everything came clear. Should I do another type of exam. Could I have an STD even without having had sex before. I would really apreciate your answers.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Swollen meatus  may indeed be due to friction or trauma, associated with masturbation and not necessarily due to sexually transmitted infection. If there is also a history of chronic  prostatitis, it is best that you have this checked by your urologist for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi there!

It is common for the meatus/ genitals to experience mild swelling/ irritation after masturbation. This is likely to occur due to frictional trauma and is expected to get better in a few hours/ days. Though an infection might be a possibility, an STD is unlikely without a sexual intercourse. You could try keeping the region adequately moisturised and avoiding masturbation/ trauma for a few days. If this does not seem to help, I would suggest consulting a primary care physician or a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
how can you get STD without getting involved in sexual intercourse ?

you should educate yourself before asking such questions

this is simple education,

on the other hand you inflammation or swollen meatus is related to many conditions which cannot be diagnosed unless you visit a urologist.

by the time being stop masturbating

maybe because your penis is not used to such activity so it may be normal for some time until it your body get used to the activity , just a thought
It’s not at all uncommon for the meatus to remain swollen for some time after masturbation or sex, creating a penis that has a distinct “mushroom” look. Most of the time this is just the penis reacting to some aggressive sexual activity; however, if it is painful or remains swollen the next day, it could be an infection of some sort and should be looked at and treated.  Keeping the penis in good health is important; using a top quality penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man oil) can help maintain penis health.  Look for a cream with acetyl L carnitine, which has neuroprotective properties.