Urology Expert Forum
problem with urination revised incorrect info!!!

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

hello Doctor I realized the Info given is incorrect. the sentence:  Also i have sore muscles, kidneys etc should be no sore muscles or kidney - sorry about that

I am a 28 yr old male. In the past two days i have had a irritating feeling like i have to pee all the time.
when i do urinate it is a steady stream with no blood and no discharge, it does not sting and my penal tip / urethra opening is not in any pain and does not appear to be aggrevated or swollen. Also i do not have sore muscles, kidneys etc. On Monday i had a very stressful day and anxiety got the best of me. also in the past week before this issue occured i had increased my water consumption and was obviously peeing a great deal more.

1. could this feeling be brought on from stress where in turn i stressed my nerves muscles that effect urination?
2. could the muscles be so used to the rhythym of increased urination from before the issue arised that it messed things up?
3. considering no signs and symptoms of std are present could it be a std?

thank you for your time.
Dear brutus1763 ,

After having gone through your report, my answers to your questions are as follows:

1. The sensation to void all the time can be caused by stress and other factors. If the symptoms do not improve in a day or two, you should certainly get investigated. You would need a urine examination and an ultrasound of the kidney and urinary bladder.

2. The functions of muscles and tissues of urinary system are not influenced by the frequency and rhythm of urination. So they messing up and causing these symptom is highly unlikely.

3. Your symptoms don't suggest STDs. However, there are several possibilities other than STDs that can be causing these symptoms and should be investigated.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Rajiv goel