problems on dialysis
My husband has been on dialysis for the past .8 months and his health has been fine. But now his last test showed a creatinine level of 16. What could this be from? I am really worried.
There should have been a dietician at the dialysis center who should have sat down with you to explain everything in detail with you. Check into that! Hope this helps!!
hey, dialysis is tough, Ive been a kidney patient for 6 years now, and am learning the ups and downs of the disease. Its tough, good luck. Creatinine increase could mean two things :
1. inadequate dialysis or 2. protein in diet...
Generally, once kidney failure is detected and a need for dialysis is determined, they look at numbers other than creatininie like Kt/V and other lab values to make sure that he is safe and getting the proper dialysis.
Kt/V is kinda like how much the blood is being cleaned, and is improved by a better dialysis access site, and or different adjustments regarding treatment,
You should mention it to your doctor, sometimes they can overlook a high number and by pointing it out, they will change something in your treatment. If they dont, then its usually a problem that is common and they are unable to fix. It's not perfect, and its pretty tough to deal with. I know :( Hang in there though! He's lucky to have a caring wife like you!! :D