Urology Expert Forum
prostate, bladder, UTI

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

prostate, bladder, UTI

on January 15th I took a shower with a girl.  While in the shower she masturbated me with soap.  She never touched her vagina, but my fingers entered her for about 10 sec. and I then briefly stroked for about 10 sec half way through the encounter.  There was a lot of strong soap (Irish Spring like). The problem was that I got soap up my urethra toward the end of the encounter (but I never ejaculated). 2-4 hours later the discomfort got worse (UTI symptoms).  I went to the Dr. 2 days later and gave them a urine sample…but the lab lost my urin anlysis result (5 days later).   I went to another Dr. on Feb 1st and he gave cipro and fluonozone (just in case it was yeast because the tip of the penis burned).  After 7 days my Uti symptoms (never any discharge) went away.  However, 3 days later they came back . So I got tested for all the major STD’s at an urgent care clinic and the test all came up negative, also the Dr. there game me Doxycycline but I only took it for 4 days because my general practisioner later suggested I stop. From Feb 25 until now I have had the following symptoms: burning at the bottom tip of penis, urinary urgency, eurethral discomfort (slight burning), bladder discomfort, and testicular pain.  I have seen an urologist who performed a cycoscopy and said I have a case of prostatitis.  He gave me sulfameth for about 12 days, but this didn’t help.  He also performed a digital exam of the prostate, but found it normal. My PSA level was also normal.  So as of today my symptoms are once again UTI like.  In the past, the symptoms when not UTI like inter change with the other symptoms previously mentioned.  Almost, forgot to mention my general practitioner treated me for trichonosis just in case.  Please help…I am getting depressed over this.  What antibiotics should I take and for how long ?
At this point I doubt that you are dealing with a urinary tract infection. I think that you need to start “from square one” and get re-evaluated. I wonder if the initial issue wasn’t a chemical inflammation from the soap made worse by anxiety and reinforced by the multiple treatments (which can, in themselves, create discomforts).
You may ultimately do quite well with a course of a mild sedative after a reevaluation. Get a second opinion from a urologist.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.