Urology Expert Forum
prostate and smokeless tobacco
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

prostate and smokeless tobacco

My husband is 42 and has had prostate pain for about 5+ years now.  He goes annually for exam.  His symptoms are not exactly typical of most Prostate symptoms although he has some.  Most of his problem is with pain. He constantly feels like he is sitting on a baseball.  He used smokeless tobacco from the time he was 13 until about 8 years ago.  Last year he began using it again because he found that when he used this his pain in the prostate is GONE.  If he goes 3 or more days without "snuff" he has the pain again.  Can you please explain this and offer any information to help with alternative supplements as he wants to quit using the "snuff".  Thanks!!!