prostatitis and epididymitis - could it be fungal
i have been battling prostate and epididymitis infections for the last 8 months and not one antibiotic has cured this and only 1 helps a little and thats doxycycline . ive had cystoscopy and ultrasound test which were clear but my urodynamics were not it showed i had very poor flow and the urologist doesnt no what to do with me , i actually am suffering from a overgrowth of candida which my allergist tells me can cause these infection and antibiotics are no good for me - my gp doesnt agree with this and is reluctant to give me an antifungal for a trial n error , i researched the drug diflucan / fluconazole and have read it helps some people and not others , so my question is has anyone on this site / community tried this drug and if so how did you get on with it as in side effects , did it help you and how long and what dosage were you taking id be greatful for a response from anyone with a personal experience to this . thans
Hi there!

Well, it is a good medication for fighting fungal infection; however the infection would need to be conformed first before you can be given the medication. I would suggest discussing this with your allergist, since it was his/ her primary opinion.
Hope this helps.

Take care!