Aa
A
A
Close
prostatitis and epididymitis - could it be fungal
i have been battling prostate and epididymitis infections for the last 8 months and not one antibiotic has cured this and only 1 helps a little and thats doxycycline . ive had cystoscopy and ultrasound test which were clear but my urodynamics were not it showed i had very poor flow and the urologist doesnt no what to do with me , i actually am suffering from a overgrowth of candida which my allergist tells me can cause these infection and antibiotics are no good for me - my gp doesnt agree with this and is reluctant to give me an antifungal for a trial n error , i researched the drug diflucan / fluconazole and have read it helps some people and not others , so my question is has anyone on this site / community tried this drug and if so how did you get on with it as in side effects , did it help you and how long and what dosage were you taking id be greatful for a response from anyone with a personal experience to this . thans
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, it is a good medication for fighting fungal infection; however the infection would need to be conformed first before you can be given the medication. I would suggest discussing this with your allergist, since it was his/ her primary opinion.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
1711789 tn?1361311607
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Blank