Urology Community
prostatitis candida

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

prostatitis candida

I have suffered with prostatitis for 15 years. Symptoms from pain to disfunction etc.. I tried everything,  anti biotics , prostate massage you name it I tried it.
Some treatments worked temporarily namely injecting anti biotic into prostate and testicles, because the specialist i went to suspected bacteria and yeast - he told me to cut out yeast products for 2 weeks. there was improvement but not for long.
By luck I discovered a candida test and was diagnosed with candida. I followed the body ecology diet by Donna Gates for the last year and am now 90% relieved of my symptoms.
There is no doubt in my mind that many unexplained prostate inflammation could be caused by candida.
I am now free after years of suffering and nearly 20, 000.00 in medical fees. It could have been resolved so simply so long ago but not 1 of any of the doctors i saw even mentioned candida.

I would like to ask why this is not taken seriously by DOCTORS / UROLOGISTS as a possible cause?
Are you aware of candida and if so why are people still suffering?

Kind regards.

Marcus
I have the same problem. I am 28 and just got this 7months ago. I was given fluconazole and feel better while on it. However not totally. I figured this was prostatitis caused by Candida. The doctors dont seem to believe me. Any advice would be graetly appreciated.
Tony,

Do you feel completely better or just better?

Fufsky
Did doctor ever find bacteria in your prostate before they gave you drugs?  Mine didn't after he got sample from massage, just gave Levaquim 30 days and nothing really changed.  
Ask your doc to test for anaerobic bacteria also Don.    Did the EPS massage sample hurt?    How did it feel?
It is not fun.  I am not sure he really got a good sample anyway.  
Doc diagnosed me with Calicific Prostatitis. I had inflamation (inflammation) in the bladder as well. It was called Trigonitis. I feel completely better whiule on Diflucan but the effects are temporary as in a 150mg pill is needed a day. One day without it symptoms come back. Let me know what you think.
Doc diagnosed me with Calicific Prostatitis. I had inflamation (inflammation) in the bladder as well. It was called Trigonitis. I feel completely better whiule on Diflucan but the effects are temporary as in a 150mg pill is needed a day. One day without it symptoms come back. Let me know what you think
i have had candida for 20 years maybe longer due to the constant use of antibiotics in high doses and yes i am convinced that it gets in the prostate , the doctors are a waste of time unless you have a " believer" i take finasteride 200mg twice a day for two weeks  which keeps it down,, along with sugar free diat, also acidophilus tablets ,there is no easy way to kill it just hard work .
My PSA suddenly doubled in 2005, prompting my doctor to order a biopsy, which proved negative. For the next three years, it fluctuated but remained in the 4-6 zone. Then, in 2009, it hit 7, which led to another biopsy, again negative. Having eliminated cancer, the urologist gave me a prescription for an enlarged prostate (BPH).
From the start, I thought something was fishy! My PSA would rise, then fall, remain low, then rise again!! Add to this the fact that during the biopsy, they found a midline cyst. Putting all this together.....spelt infection and prostatitis. The doctor wrote me a prescription for a powerful anti-biotic....but it had no effect!
The breakthrough came when I had a beer from a local microbrewery. My groin area (prostate) ached!!! Which got me thinking......was it the alcohol or the yeast!! Mircrobrews are not pasteurized (have a lot of yeast). I then suspected a possible yeast  infection, which I confirmed both with the candida saliva test, and the myriad symptoms (rashes, yeast growths, fatigue, anal itch),
What was the cause? Although, I don't know for sure, I suspect my ex-wife who had multiple yeast infections and who I believe had candida. Add to this the fact that my diet was heavy on carbohydrates and voila!!!
I'm crossing my fingers!!!
I've had a similar history still trying to figure out what it is. Was the Candida infection confirmed in the end, how did you treat it and how is your health today?