Urology Expert Forum
prostitis and sudden hard testicles?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

prostitis and sudden hard testicles?

Posted by charles on May 20, 1999 at 15:21:16
I just went to a GP and was diagnoses with prostitis. He pushed on the prostate
and after a weeks time i woke up with hard testicles and pain that was comparable to the pain felt 10 minutes after a kick there. It took 4 days to
see him again. he said it was epydidimitis. I was on doxycyclene for a week
with some pain removal. Now I have been on Trovafloxin for 5 days with more pain
going away. The testies are still hard, but not really swollen. I hate to touch
the back or top of them. could this be infection due to the pushing of prostate
fluid in the vas deferens? I clearly had a inflamed prostate. I hear its very
hard to treat. Also have a burning sensation when i urinate. Can it take a
long time to get the hardess out? It came on quick after the push. They are
the same size with no lumps or anything. When I stand up they are the hardest.
when i lay down for a hour or so the feel like hard boiled egg consistency.
when standing up i can feel some viens that are clearly poping out much more
than usual. What the heck is it? Im really stressed it may be cancer or something.

Posted by HFHS M.D.-BE on June 04, 1999 at 13:15:08

=============================================
Dear Charles,
From what you have described, it appears that you are suffering from epididymo-orchitis which is the inflammation of the epididymis and testicle together. The symptoms of burning on urination and pain in testicle are not unusual in this condition. It is possible to have this process started inadvertently by an examination like you had, in an already inflamed prostate and surrounding tissue.
Given that you have prostatitis in addition, it will require treatment for about four weeks.  It takes a variable amount of time for the hardness in the testicle to go away, which will gradually resolve after about 2-3 weeks of treatment. The increase in hardness of the testicle and the veins that are "popping" out when you stand up, are due to the inflammatory process. This slows down the drainage of blood and lymph from the inflamed tissue, which in turn pool in the tissue leading to what you have described. Testicular cancer is unlikely in the situation that you have described, but if you continue to have problems despite treatment an ultrasound might be necessary. You need to follow up with your doctor closely.
This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition.  More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653-6568).
Sincerely,
HFHS M.D.-BE
*keyword: epididymitis/ prostatitis