Urology Expert Forum
red blotches on penis head and dry spots on penis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

approx. 7 years ago i contracted genital worts. i have not had an outbreak since. the problem i am having now is the past two years i have experienced redness on the head of my penis. it looks blotchy and no certain form. also on the shaft of my penis i have dry spots that form and over time they may break open and sometimes not all the time if i  pull the dry spot off it will develop a sore . it never goes away the doctors that i go to tell me it is not sexually transmitted. my family doctor that i go to says it is a type of fungus. but nothing seems to work. it does hurt having sex when it is at its worst. as i set here the color of my penis is discolored. it only seems to be on the head and the top of the shaft not the bottom. ive tried several creams but nothing makes it go away it is always there. the spots or blotchy areas are not raised they are smooth. ive noticed if i masterbate the spots become more defined. please help me solve this problem.
The more common reasons for redness in the penile area is dermatitis or a fungal infection.  A fungal infection is treated with an antifungal gran and dermatitis treated with a steroid cream.  

You may want to obtain an evaluation from a dermatologist or urologist for further evaluation.  I would also obtain a urinalysis to ensure there is no further infection that is present.  A biopsy can be considered if the diagnosis remains unclear.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0
0
A related discussion, Red blotches was started.
A related discussion, Red Blotches on Penis Head was started.