Urology Community
red worm in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

red worm in urine

Hi, I am 15 weeks pregnant.  I got the shock of my life when I found a red live worm when I passed urine. I have posted  in many forums and all people say is that they have heard of worm in stool and not urine. I called my doctor and she says to have a urine test tomorrow. Wanted
assurance from people that my baby is alright. And if u have any information that will be really help full.
Also for past days I am having loose stools.
Thank u very much
http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/parasite/1996-November/001828.html
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It can be due to a blood clot due to old blood which gives a black color or it can be due to schistosomiasis. Schistosomiasis is a parasitic disease caused by several species of fluke of the genus Schistosoma. I suggest you to consult a urologist and get a complete urine examination done to confirm the diagnosis.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.