removal of painful stent but I have chronic kidney stone history--maybe future what other remedies to allow urine to pass thru an obstruction
I'm having stent removed tomorrow. What r possible repercussions? Plu, I have a history--and future of chronickidney stones. What other remedies can be used to allow urine to flow pass kidney obstructiobn?

This discussion is related to ureter stent  size and sex.
I am not sure why they would removed the stent without removing the stones? But it is possible that I do not understand completely.  As far as other options, truthfully as long as you have both kidneys your body will begin to process urine through the other kidney if one is completely obstructed.  The problem with obstruction comes if the ureter is blocked for an extended period of time and then it can damage the kidney.  The biggest issue of course is severe renal colic caused by obstruction.  Stents are designed to help with that though the research on their effectiveness and difference in over all care has not been as positive as once though.  I am not a doctor only an kidney stone patient like you and personally i have found the stents more painful then helpful.  The other issue with both a stent and obstructing stone is the risk of infection.  This with the chronic stone issues can play a significant role in your over all health.  make sure any infections are cleared up completely, drink enough fluids to keep the system flushed and you might consider some natural preventative measures to avoid infections as well.

The deeper issue here is what is causing you to be a chronic stone patient?  have they done 24 hour urines etc.  I have Medullary Sponge Kidney disease.  We have an support forum here on medhelp too.  There maybe some info from that forum that would help you as well.

Shelly