Urology Expert Forum
retractile testes
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
retractile testes
  I have been to a pediatric urologist about my 14 month old's retractile testes.  After a quick exam, he said the protocol was not to treat but to re-check every year until puberty, at which time he would need surgery if they were not permanently descended.  I still worry about infertility...if the testes are hardly ever descended, as my sons are, how can the heat inside the body cavity not be an issue?  Also, I read that some urologists differentiate between gliding and retractile testes, with a gliding testicle being one that glides right back up after being brought into the scrotum and a retractile being one that stays down for a few seconds.  The article said that gliding testes should be treated with surgery.  This was a Canadian document.  Are American physicians undertreating retractile testes?  Am I concerned over nothing?  Also, I have no proof, but I seem to recall that his testes were usually descended much more frequently, or even all the time, when he was younger than they are now.  
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1

_
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Martha:
You have obviously done a great deal of research in this regard and maybe some of this information may seem redundant, but please bear with me.  
Undescended testicles are called
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now