Urology Community
right flank pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

right flank pain

I have had a pain in my right flank for the past 4  to 5 months.Dr says it's probably muscle related but it seems to have gone on too long for this.I notice it most during the evenings whilst sat relaxing and is most uncomfortable when i take a deep breath out,cough,sneeze etc.The pain is always in the same place and doesn't travel at all, a sharp pain that goes almost as quick as it comes. Has anybody any ideas???
  • Urge to urinate
    I was in a accident on 8/18, and put on a muscle relaxer...[more]
  • penis pain? (1 replies):
    for the past 2-3 weeks i have been experiencing some pai...[more]
  • ??? (1 replies):
If the pain is only noticeable during the end of the day, your guess that it may be related to muscle strain during the day may be plausible. Coughing or sneezing raises pressure and may produce discomfort and pain in sore muscles. The location though is pretty atypical, as one would expect aches and pains in the back and the shoulders (essentially muscles that may be used during the day).
Flank pain may also be due to kidney stones. It may be a good idea to see a doctor soon. Among the tests that may need to be done would include an ultrasound (to try and visualize the stones) and a urinalysis, to look at associated problems like bleeding and infections.