Urology Community
right testicle is swollen and painful

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

right testicle is swollen and painful

my right testicle is swollen and painful this is the 2nd time this pain had occured in 3 weeks. this time it is more painful than the last.There is no lump but it is extremely swollen,i have pain in the testicle but now it seems to have increased to my lower abdomen but only on the right side tylenol or ibuprofin do not help.What to do?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
A swollen and painful testicle can be due to orchitis. Torsion of testis can be another possibility but this causes a severe pain. Hernia or infected hydrocele is another possibility. The treatment will depend on the diagnosis. Please consult an urologist as soon as possible.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!