Urology Community
scar tissue in bladder neck
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

scar tissue in bladder neck

I am 54 and had a bladder neck resection last month. one month after the operation my flow completely halted and I had to go to a hospital to put a catheter in me. My surgeon believes that I ahave developed scar tissue on my bladder neck, and he has asked me to self catherize for 2 weeks and then go see him again. He thinks that by applying this catheter every day I do not allow the bladder neck to heal in a closed posture. My question is that is I keep rupturing the scar on my bladder neck every day it will never heal, so what is the point of doing this? I am afraid that this may do more harm than good. Could you please tell me all alternative options for my problem.
Thanks
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am curious what has been the result of your situation?  My husband had a prostecomy in oct of 08 and has had issues with scar tissue and has had to do the self dialation almost constantly.  He has had 3 procedures (resection of the bladder mouth) and it goes back to the exact same problem. The last 2 days he has had to diatlate everytime he needs to urinate.  Do you have any answers on this issue???
Blank
I have had  three surgical procedures to open a scar that has been blocking my urinary tract. I am 46 and have been self cathiter myself everyday. And everyday to come. The scar seems to close very fast. Is this my fate ? Will I have to do this for the rest of my life? Doc says yes. Any options out there?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...