Aa
A
A
Close
scar tissue in bladder neck
I am 54 and had a bladder neck resection last month. one month after the operation my flow completely halted and I had to go to a hospital to put a catheter in me. My surgeon believes that I ahave developed scar tissue on my bladder neck, and he has asked me to self catherize for 2 weeks and then go see him again. He thinks that by applying this catheter every day I do not allow the bladder neck to heal in a closed posture. My question is that is I keep rupturing the scar on my bladder neck every day it will never heal, so what is the point of doing this? I am afraid that this may do more harm than good. Could you please tell me all alternative options for my problem.
Thanks
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I am curious what has been the result of your situation?  My husband had a prostecomy in oct of 08 and has had issues with scar tissue and has had to do the self dialation almost constantly.  He has had 3 procedures (resection of the bladder mouth) and it goes back to the exact same problem. The last 2 days he has had to diatlate everytime he needs to urinate.  Do you have any answers on this issue???
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I have had  three surgical procedures to open a scar that has been blocking my urinary tract. I am 46 and have been self cathiter myself everyday. And everyday to come. The scar seems to close very fast. Is this my fate ? Will I have to do this for the rest of my life? Doc says yes. Any options out there?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972