scraping prostate
I'm 46 yrs old male I had kidneystone surgery stone removed the stone 8/25/08was 6.1mm . I  had to have cather put in because I couldn't urianate on my own. I went back to my uroligist to remove cather to pee on my own  couldn't.I had to put another cather in, I'm taking Flomax with lots of water everyday. This has been going on since surgery to now. Cather in and out 5to6times already.I have another appointment with uroligist OCT.2 if it doesn't work this time he will have to do another surgery on enlarge prostate by scraping IS THIS necessary? IF so will I eventally pee on my own and also will I have a erection nomal sex life?     ALSO have you seen lot of cases like this? THANKS
Hello bubba56,

It seems that you are having either prostatits or an enlarged prostate due to some other pathology. Kindly consult the urologist for further action..
Best
once my prostate has bee scraped, and Im urinating freely, will my semen ever come back and flow thru my penis again. and should the dr, have told me this is the down side to prostate scraping.

I also had a TURP done as well as a resection of the bladder neck due to me barely being able to urinate. I was only 30 at the time.
For the first few years after that I had retrograde ejeculation. With that to surprise as well as the urologist surprice my wife became pregnant sortly after I had my surgery.
Several years later now, I have some semen coming out. However this does not always happen. Sometimes it goes in to my bladder and finaly come out when I urinate. The sensation of ejeculation is also different.

It is imossible to say whether or not you will be able to ejeculate normal again, it is even harder to say if your sensation will ever be the same. I'm currently 44.

It was about a year later that after having had a urodynamics study done that I was diagnoses as having a neurogenic bladder. This is in line with neuropathy that I have.

I don't know if this addresses some of your concern.

Sincerley,

Ron