Urology Community
scrotum incision will not heal closed
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

scrotum incision will not heal closed

After a gall bladder removal, the next day my scrotum swelled up the size of a grapefruit.  Extremely painful to touch.

The third day they removed an abscess (they didn't tell me where).  The made a 1" incision in the side and also made a small drain hole in the bottom of my scrotum.

When the stitches fell out two days ago the incision opened up to 1/4" and I can see a white membrane inside.  It has been 23 days since the incision was made.   The edges of the incision now appear to be healed over.

The drain hole has not healed closed and still drips.

I'm afraid to take a shower or go outside and work.  I could get an infection inside my scrotum.

Question:   Are they going to have to trim the edges of the incision and stitch them together???.

Question:  I have never heard of an incision stitched together that would heal closed.  Have you???