Urology Community
semen really runny/watery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

semen really runny/watery

In the past 3-4 months my semen has been really runny and watery when i ejaculate. Instead of shooting out really far like it used to all my life, it just flows out like water.Its not thick anymore either its like water. It really bothers me.I tried changing my diet a bit but it didnt help. I dont smoke or drink or use drugs. What could cause this to start happening?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

You will need to have ruled out conditions that may be affecting the prostate gland, the epididymis, the testes, or the bladder.

Were you exposed to any infections about the time these symptoms began?

Do you have any other associated symptoms, such as pain in the penile or perineal region?

You will need evaluation by a urologist to identify the site of the problem.

In the interim, drink fluids in excess of 2000 ml per day, avoid prostate irritants such as caffeine, alcohol, citrus fruits, and spicy foods, sit on well-padded surfaces, and avoid sitting for longer periods of time.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards
Thanks for the response doctor.

i havent had any infections nor do i have pain in my penile or penile region but i had some blood tests and done a while ago and they said that i have a problem with my liver. I had a liver ultrasound done as well and they said that i have a fatty liver and sterosis or something like that. Could this ejaculation problem be because of the liver problem?
I forgot to mention that i'm 25 years old.
Its a bit better when i drink more fluids