Urology Community
sensation to urinate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

sensation to urinate

My 13 yr. son has a strong sensation to urinate but can't.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Difficulty in urinating in males can be due to obstruction due to enlarged prostate due to benign prostatic hypertrophy (often called BPH) or infection of the prostate( prostatitis), any blockage in the flow of urine like any scar tissue, injury (as in a car wreck or bad fall), blood clots, infection, tumors in the pelvic region, and stones, infection or due to disruption of the delicate and complex system of nerves that connects the urinary tract with the brain and the nervous system.

I suggest you an immediate urologist’s evaluation to check out these possibilities and confirm the diagnosis after investigations.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.