Urology Community
sensitive testicles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

sensitive testicles

Over the last few weeks i think i have noticed that my testicles are sensitive i was just wondering if you could try to describe how sensitive testicles should be when touched or moved around.  Thank you
i was also wondering if it is normal for the epiditymis on one testicle to be bigger than the epiditymis on the other testicle.  Thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn
hi,

Sensitive testicles feel tender to the touch and will hurt with strenuous exertion or movement such as running or jogging.

If you feel both testicles are sensitive, it could be the effect of a systemic infection. Viral infections can cause inflammation of the testes and the epididymis.

Similarly, bacterial infection can also cause inflammation of the testes and the epididymitis which can present with pain, tenderness, localized rise in temperature, swelling along the epididymis, etc.

Additional symptoms include pain or burning sensation during urination or ejaculation.

If one epdidymis feels significantly larger than the other it could be a sign of infection.

Epididymitis and epididymo-orchitis need to be treated with antibiotics if there is evidence of bacterial infection.

If you have had unprotected sexual encounters that could have predisposed to an STd, you will need to have STD infection ruled out.
In the interim, keep fluids intake high, in excess of 2000 ml, avoid irritants such as caffeine and alcohol, and sit in a hot bath for 10-15 min once or twice daily for pain relief and to aid healing.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
regards
should something like a little tap or a little bit of pressure cause some minor pain
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Yes, slight touch or pressure can result in pain.

You can follow the other measures described in my previous post.

Additionally, you can seek an opinion from a urologist and go on treatment with antibiotics if required.

If you had any trauma that could have precipitated inflammation in the testes, you will need evaluation to rule out secondary conditions and rest will be preferable until recovery sets in.

Regards
When you say that slight touch or tap and pressure can result in pain is that in normal testicles or in sensitive testicles?
And if you were talking about sensitive testicles  can you try to describe how a normal testicle should react to touching, tapping, moving ect.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
hi,

Superficial touch should not cause any pain in the testes.
Discomfort caused by a light tap can vary from individual to individual, but it need not cause pain.

A normal testicle will not be painful to gentle touch, may cause slight discomfort on tapping, and does not hurt with movement.

Regards
I play competetive volleyball and i also am into cycling and these dont seem to cause discomfort.  Are these activities that would cause discomfort in sensitive testicles?
I was also wondering if you think that this could be testicular cancer.  I have checked for lumps on my testicles time and time again and have found nothing.  Thank You
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Cycling puts a lot of pressure on the perineal region and can affect the nerve supply to the penis and the testes. This can manifest as loss of sensation or as discomfort.

Strenuous physical activity, of the sort you have mentioned above, can cause pain or discomfort in sensitive areas of the groin, including the testes.

Testicular cancer usually presents as a hard painless lump and may have no other symptoms at onset.

You can have an ultrasound of the testes if necessary after a physical examination by your urologist.
Regards.
Sometime when i masturbate i hit my testicles and this causes some minor pain.  is this normal or does this only happen in sensitive testicles
And does testicular cancer always present itself as a lump
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Testicular cancer is manifest as testicular tumors.
There are three types of testicular cancers: seminomas, nonseminomas, and lymphomas.

Since the cancer affects the cells of the testes, it appears as an abnormal growth or lump that may be painless to the touch.

Individuals with lifestyle predispositions, such as smoking, family history of cancer, history of trauma to the testes, are all prone to developing testicular cancer.

You can avail yourself of further information at the link pasted below.

hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/Mosby_factsheets/testicular_cancer.html

regards.