Urology Community
silver nitrate treatment
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

silver nitrate treatment

Hi, I live in france, but am confused by the diagnosis, and treatment I am being given. I saw a urologist in september, who did a cystoscopy and said I have a very inflammed bladder. I have taken 3 weeks of methylene blue, and a course of antibiotics, initially a 5 day course, then one pill twice a week for 9 weeks, and then one a week for 6 months. I am also having silver nitrate instillations, once a week for 10 weeks, and have to hold it in for an hour. I can only describe it as an extremely painful, and barbaric treatment.
My main question is why I am having this done. They say I have inflammation caused by cystitis, but I do not have any symptoms of cystitis; ie, burning, or frequency. I had cystitis about 20 years ago, so I know what it is like.
Can you have cystitis without having any of the normal symptoms? I have a horrible feeling they are mis diagnosing me. Or just giving me this treatment to see if it helps. I hope someone here can help me, thank you for taking the time to read this. Mulberry