Urology Expert Forum
skin treatments / urine
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

skin treatments / urine

Hello,
  I got into a debate re: urine being used for topical applications when no other sterile treatment is available.  I was told that this was absolutely untrue.  Example: if out camping and one gets a cut or abrasion isn't it best to put urine on it, rather than nothing?
  Are there certain skin conditions that could possibly be helped with urine?
  Thanks.
  MJN
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear MJ
Thanks for your question.  You are not going to like what I have to say.  
Urine is ammonium, urea  and other waste products of the body.    Ammonium, in contact with the skin, causes an inflammatory reaction called ammoniacal dermatitis.  It is even more destructive to underlying tissues.   It also poisonous to the immune system which prevents healing and  decreases the bodies ability to fight infection.    
I combined the following search words and got no matches.  URINE /UREA versus  BIOLOGICAL THERAPY/ or *MILIEU THERAPY/ or  *TISSUE THERAPY/  
Hope you did not bet money!  
This information is provided for general medical education purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition.
Sincerely;
HFHS-M.D. MS
* Keyword: urine theapy

Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank