Urology Expert Forum
slight burn when peeing
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

slight burn when peeing

Hope you can make me feel more calm. I suffer from anxiety for most of my adult life. im am in good shape, 45 years old. just recently i developed some slight burning when peeing, pee about 4-5 times a day a little more than usual (maybe be anxiety) whent to a md, urine was tested by a strip (multistix regent) everything was normal except trace blood. md says probally not related to my peeing prob. but should further evaluated (many tests, panic time) i am sexually active. was with my girl and had vigorous sex 10 days ago, plus some oral sex rough every week. i have done nothing for the last 10 days. md sent me for another urine with a pcr test for std clym&gohno, but i have have no discharge. no real other pain except what is being caused by anxiety, although when i pee i feel like my stomach feels empty , kind of a gnawing feeling. (maybe anxiety, maybe dehydration) 1. should i go ahead with expensive testing including a CT and looing into my uretha. i am waiting to see my results of the latest urine. the md gave me doxy but he really wasnt sure it was necessary, i havent taken it. kind of comfused, nervous, i have never had these symptoms before. i do a lot of lifting heavy, and was working hard before all this started. i would appreciate your guidence, thanks  Jimmy
Related Discussions
  • Your Thoughts (6 replies):
    Hi, Just wondering if you might be able to give me a...[more]
  • Penis burns at the tip (3 replies):
    I was careless and had unprotected sex. I now have a bu...[more]
  • ok
    Two years ago I had anal sex which has caused all kinds ...[more]
  • TRP
    I had a TRP 5 years ago,and have a dry painful ejacultio...[more]
  • DRIP!
    Last December 2005 I was diagnosed with Chlamydia. My gi...[more]
233190 tn?1278553401
I agree with the workup thus far.  Infection needs to be ruled out, including a prostate exam to exclude prostatitis and a prostatic massage so the fluid can be analyzed for infection.  A urine test and urethral swab can be done to evaluate for STDs.  

If infection has been ruled out, anatomic abnormalities can be considered, including the CT scan and cystoscopy.  Things like a urethral polyp or stricture can lead to your symptoms as well.  

These options can be discussed with your urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
Continue discussion Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now