Urology Expert Forum
small bladder capacity
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

small bladder capacity

hello. had burning symptoms upon urination and had a cysto with hydrodistention procedure done. it was found that i have a small bladder capacity and mild inflammation. doctor is not sure if the mild inflammation is IC or not. my burning symptoms has gone away after the procedure. my question is is there a way to increase how much the bladder can hold. increase its capacity. thank you for your time.
Related Discussions
438205_tn?1240962949
Your bladder capacity may have already increased since your bladder distention. Also, if you are having uninhibited detrusor contractions, then a drug such as oxybutinin may allow your bladder to expand. Otherwise, surgery to enlarge your bladder would be the next step, and one which should not be done unless absolutely necessary. It is not a small procedure with significant long term risks.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition.
2 Comments
Blank
I seem to have to urinate alot more than others and this has been a problem for me for years. I am now 25. I can generally hold myself until I get to a toilet but can have to go many times in the one evening. Also I find myself having to carefully plan how much I am going to drink. This is also affecting my relationship with my boyfriend as there are times I'm worried i am going to wet myself when he touches me intimately, Is there something I can do to control or fix this???
Blank
A related discussion, bladder augmentatio was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Small bladder was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker