small pin head lump
by cfelan, Sep 10, 2003
My son is 19, last week he said his one testicals was sensitive
in a day or two he felt fine.  Now he has found a pin size lump that is sensitive to touch.  I know we must see a Dr.  However we are inbeteen insurance, my husband change job two weeks ago.
Our new insurance will be in effect on the 1st of Oct.  Do you feel I can wait this lone.  Very worried mom
by Kevin Pho, MDBlank, Sep 13, 2003
It would be tough to make any recommendations without examining your son myself.

Possibilities would include a testicular cyst, varicocele, or infection - either folliculitis or epididymitis.  

At the very least, I would pursue a urinalysis, to examine for the various types of infection, and/or a testicular ultrasound to make sure that there is nothing more serious in the scrotum.  Tests for STDs such as gonorrhea and chlamydia should also be pursued.

If the pain is constant and worsens I would suggest seeing a physician sooner rather than later.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Related Discussions
by RAHUL150, Jul 13, 2008
A related discussion, lump on the testicles was started.