Urology Community
small skin particles in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

small skin particles in urine

a couple days ago,my urine was cloudy and i passed a small blood clot,then my urine was clear,but had a lot (and still does) of mucus looking skin particlesfor the last couple days,i have no fever,chills or disconfort,i called my doctor and told him this and he stated not to worry,they would run a urine  sample next month,got any idea whats going on????,no blood in urine that i can tell as a layman
Mucus threads in urine are harmless. The urine is cloudy after a large diet or taking food rich in phosphates and it clears by itself. In women cloudy urine is due to mixing of vaginal discharge.

Pus in urine too can cause cloudy urine. This pus is seen in infection, stone or loss of protein in urine (in kidney disease or diabetes). In men infection of prostate can cause cloudy urine.

Blood clots are seen in infection, stone and cancer. If you cannot see blood on naked eye, it does not mean there is no blood.

I am not sure why you need to wait for a month to do the urine test. Please get investigated as soon as possible. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted.